Airbot fixed wing is a plane UAV model, 2 meters wing span, in the 2-3 Kg range. It is designed to embark multiple cameras, such as compact or bridge sizes (such as a canon S-SX series or Sony NEX series). In addition it can carry a 45deg downward facing mini camera, and a front Mobius size gimbal in its dome.
Airbot fixed wing is ideal to fly long times and cover many hectares of area. It is controlled by the Pixhawk flight controller which features:
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 14 PWM/servo outputs (8 with failsafe and manual override, 6 auxiliary, high-power compatible)
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
- Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- External safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- High-power, multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
Its firmware is upgradeable and future proof with new functionality developed regularly. It is supported by the world's largest community with a very large and active users support.
This UAV is sturdy, extremely stable and manoeuvrable. Thanks to its large wing area, this UAV flies ans lands at low speed (stall speed et about 25 km/h).
Taking-off with Airbot fixed wing is very easy and compatible with three methods : runway take-off, hand launching, bungee catapult launching (our prefered and advised method).
Build in EPO material, Airbot fixed wing is very strong and can be easily repaired in case of localized bumps or damages.
It supports real-time telemetry, unlimited waypoints, automomous navigation, including auto take-off and auto landing, autonomous "actions" such as programmed camera triggering based on distance, full failsafe protections (low battery, GPS loss, geofencing perimeter, barometer glitches, optional redundant compass, integrated backup system for in-flight recovery, optional redundant GPS, Return-to-launch, ...and more), supports FPV and full HD filming. And last but not least, a fully fledge ground control station (GCS) and mission planner software is provided.
In addition, specifically developed for fixed wings, a traning virtual fence and safety rally points can be programmed via the ground station and uploaded to the flight controller. This is ideal for training with ease and safety new starting fixed wing pilots.
Each Airbot fixed wing is of course manually assembled, tested, Q&A checked and tuned prior to delivery.
Options to select or choose from when ordering,
- Telemetry frequency band: 433Mhz (default) , 900 Mhz
- Different Motor - propeller - power combinations. Defaults to T-Motor 3510, 13x8 Graupner propeller, 5000 mah 4S battery. Other options for longer endurance in a 6S-low KV motor configuration.
- with/without (default) first-person-view & OSD
- Radio transmitter. Defaults to a Taranis X9D 2.4 Ghz radio transmitter. other options for longer radio control using OpenLRSng tx/rx units on Taranis
- with/without (default) camera delivery. Cameras such as a Canon's compact S100 or SX260 model are ideal. Other models/sensor type can be customized.
- with/without (default) landing gear
- with/without (default) bungee catapult launch kit